Your Home Designer on Sydney’s North Shore
Martin Kolarik Home Design is your Sydney North Shore specialist.
We live here, work here and have done so for years. We design, renovate and extend homes to deliver beautiful, functional results that complement our clients’ lifestyles and budgets.
Whether you’re renovating, extending or building a new family home we’ll make the process feel effortless and the results warm, welcoming and elegantly simple.
Dealing with Councils takes patience and knowledge so why not leave it to an expert? We have a 100% success rate so your plans and reports will be approved with minimal fuss.
We’ve worked with our builders for years because they solve problems rather than make them. You can also choose your own builder.
I personally design every project.
My foundational experience in commercial design and architecture has given me strong principles and craftsmanship in design.
For decades, my focus has been purely on family homes as I wanted my design work to have a positive impact on how families live in their own homes.
To me, designing a family home means touching people’s lives – impacting them every single day for the long term. That is a huge responsibility for me as a designer. This is what creates meaning for me and the reason I have dedicated my entire professional career to pursuing excellence in design.
Good home design is longevity. It should demonstrate joy and elegance and serve you and your family well into the future.
To Renovate or Rebuild?
On the North Shore of Sydney many homes are ideal for updating. A better outcome than demolish and rebuild can often be achieved by working with the existing home. I find it ethically far more responsible to update a well-constructed home rather than knock it down.
Home Design Principles
My design principles are aligned with the simplicity of modern architecture with its clean lines, along with suitable contemporary elements to create designs which are congruent with your home.
Contemporary design elements such as light-filled interiors, functional floor plans and subtle use of colour are combined to create homes which are the expressions of simplicity and elegance.
- Aesthetics and Functionality
- There is a sense of quality and elegance achieved by the skilful combination of practical functionality and aesthetics to positively influence the sense of well-being of people as they live in their home.
- A simple building with restrained aesthetics and optimised function will be more honest, not requiring decoration.
- We employ a Master Plan approach to all projects to ensure we plan for the long-term needs of the family.
- Environmental sustainability and responsible architecture
- A home which is sustainable and attractive will have a long life and reduce the carbon footprint of the property.
- Enough design, but not too much
- With care and accuracy, the right amount of design has a focus on purity and simplicity that has the family’s requirements as the priority.
- Simplicity is the key to excellence
- Clarity of thought on strategy, aesthetics and function simplifies the complexities of the design process, leading to sophisticated, elegant designs.
What it means to you
Understanding your vision, needs and lifestyle is what drives our home designs. We aim to develop elegant, functional design outcomes for your family to live comfortably as your children grow older and gain independence.
We are passionate about good design and sharing our expertise to guide you in making well informed decisions regarding the best way to realise your ideal home.
It all adds up to satisfaction
A Few Kind Words From Our Happy Clients
Innovative, highly professional and sympathetic
Far Exceeded Our Vision
A Joy To Work With Martin
Seven years on and still really happy
Exceeded Our Expectations
I Cannot Begin To Thank Martin Enough
The Ultimate Professional
Excellent All the Way
Make Your Dream Home a Reality
You require a home designer who can understand the individuality of your family’s needs, your future plans and your budget.
My goal is to design an exciting and well-considered home that you can choose to live in forever.
It provides me with an incredible sense of pride when families come to me years later, telling me how much they still love living in the home that I designed.
That is my purpose for every project I undertake.
Contact me today, so we can talk about making your dream home a reality.
Leave me a text message
Why Choose Us
- 100% success rate in council negotiations
- Options you may not have considered
- Designs for today and tomorrow
- We make your life easier
- No one knows the North Shore like we do