A major renovation to your home is a wonderful opportunity to personalise how you want your home to feel. How can it best suit your family’s lifestyle? How can it be truly welcoming to your guests?
A high-quality, substantial renovation, with or without an extension of your home, requires skilful design solutions. We want to ensure that good design flows through the entire house.
An elegant design balance of form and function offers your home renovation longevity. If your home works well and looks good, you will enjoy living in it for many years to come.
Transform your current home
Renovating is an excellent way to update and extend an older home. You can accommodate your growing family whilst adding your own style to your existing home.
Particularly in Sydney’s northern suburbs, there is rarely a need to completely knock down and rebuild.
By sitting down together we will be able to discuss if renovating makes sense. We will also discover what is feasible based on regulations, site constraints and budget.
Home Renovation: from Planning to Completion
During the brief we will seek to understand:
- the individuality of your family’s needs
- your future plans
- your vision of how your family likes to live in your future home
We will also review your current home’s condition, floor plan and applicable council regulations.
We will walk you through the whole process, from planning to all approvals and documentation ready to commence construction:
- Concept design discussions – Aim to translate the briefing information into a concept design that meets your needs for spaces, how the floor plan flows, and personalised style.
- Design considerations – Planning constraints, site dynamics, construction techniques, light and thermal considerations, longevity of the structure including style and aesthetics, and your budget. Guiding you on how to allocate your funds wisely, efficiently, and effectively is a key element of my design process.
- Sketch Plans – The Sketch Plans are the first interpretation by your designer of your project brief balanced with the design considerations. There will be further refinements based on our ongoing discussions as we present our flexible design solutions.
- Budget – After some input from one of our builders we will have a reasonable idea of the construction budget before progressing further.
- Approvals – We work with local councils and certifiers to obtain the necessary approvals for your project.
- Licensed builders – Our recommended builders are trusted and highly experienced. Alternatively, you are free to choose your own builder.
- Construction – We provide all necessary construction documentation. We also support and coordinate with our recommended builders during the building phase. This way we ensure the design is executed as planned.
Council Approvals and Home Renovation
Renovation of a home that will result in a change to the shape or size of your home will require formal approval.
We have a wealth of experience in the approval applications for a Development Applications (DA) on Sydney’s North Shore and with Complying Developments Certificates (CDC). Concentrating our efforts to the northern area of Sydney allows us to specialise in the nuances of your local Council’s regulations. We also provide specialised designs for homes in Bushfire Areas and Heritage Areas.
The decision to select the most appropriate approval system requires intimate knowledge of the corresponding rules. We will advise you on which process is going to be the most beneficial for you and your home renovation project.
We have been working with families to design renovations and new homes for more than 20 years. and have a 100% success rate with approvals.
Transforming your existing home
Renovations are custom designed as they must respond to your current house.
An elegant, creative home renovation will provide many added years of enjoyment for your family. As a result, you get to look forward to a home with:
- contemporary functionality
- light-filled spaces
- a custom-designed floor plan for easy living, privacy and/or entertaining
Our clients enthusiastically describe how they really love living in their newly renovated home. They often express surprise how the design elements promote the way light now penetrates their home, creating a wonderful ambience.
Renovate, rather than rebuild
A renovation can drastically transform the appearance of your home.
In fact, I recommend not to start with the assumption that you will have to knock down your existing home. Many homes on the North Shore of Sydney are structurally sound and have a special elegance, unique character and quality. Most homes are perfectly suited for extending or adding a first floor to meet the lifestyles of today.
The concept of sustainable solutions has always been an integral part of my design direction. Retaining most of your existing home can be the most sustainable decision you make.
However, a renovation may not solve structural problems. If your house’s structure or foundation is damaged beyond repair, your only choice is to it knock down and build a new home. Your decision will then be whether to go with a custom-designed home or a project home.
Having made your decision to renovate your home, the process is relatively uncomplicated when dealing with skilful people. We take the stress out of it for you.
It’s not about building rooms; it’s about creating warm and welcoming spaces that add valueThis is what drives us.
Contemporary, creative designs for your family homeThis is our purpose.
Take the first step
We specialise in working with families. Together, we will find unique solutions for a personalised, custom-design to maximise your quality of life in your renovated home.
If you would like to better understand the possibilities for a personalised, custom-design to renovate your home in Sydney, please call or contact us.