Unlike many designers and architects, we understand that your budget is your budget. It’s not a starting point or a figure to be ignored. So we do everything in our power to make the most of every dollar. After all, there’s not much point building the perfect home only to find you can’t afford to live in it.
Your Dream, Your Home, Your Design
We never forget it’s your dream but in order to achieve it you have to be able to share that dream. So it’s important we establish strong lines of communication as the better our relationship, the better the end result. Spending time together helps us establish a clear and concise brief that takes into account all your requirements including:
- Your family’s needs and lifestyle
- Your budget
- Your short, medium and long-term plans
- Your land’s location
And while we’ll look at a number of existing homes to get a sense of what you like the end result will be something unique to your family.
We believe in reducing costs wherever and whenever we can so here are a few tips that might help you find that perfect block of land:
- Check which direction the block lies. A northerly rear will provide sun in your backyard all year round so it’s the prefect block for a backyard pool.
- Check which way the prevailing winds blow, as this will play a major role in cross ventilation and the cooling of your home.
- Check the number and location of trees on your property and those of you neighbours’ property.
- Identify any privacy concerns both for you and your neighbours.
Other Home Design Considerations
Bush-Fire Prone land normally comes with both great views and building restrictions. Maintaining the view whilst ensuring compliance with such restrictions can be challenging but it’s something we have a great deal of experience in. So if you want to make the most of your block, you know who to call.